Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's all in how you look at it.




I've been going through a rash of people using my profile picture for Psychic Sensibility as "proof" I am an agent of "Satan.". I always laugh.

I like this picture because when people comment on it, I know where their mindset is, and I'm forewarned about  how our conversations about the paranormal might go. What do you see? Is the mask behind me a demon? A green man? A werewolf? Satan "himself?" An angel? Or a feathered representation of Aeolus, the Greek god of winds and weather?

It's the last, of course: See the soft feathers now? No horns, no fur, just the breath of a smile. I love this mask as a symbol for what I always talk about - psychic sense is nothing more than an ability to read the "weather" within conscious energy - psychic sense tells you which way the wind blows.

Do not assume that you know what you are looking at when you try to judge something on first appearances. The only ones who ever get it right are the ones who have seen these things before.

No comments:

Post a Comment